Food safety and regulations in India are primarily governed by the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 (“Act”) and the regulatory agency established by the Act, the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India. The Act mandates all firms that deal with food or manufacture food register with it. A person must have an FSSAI license in order to undertake any food-related business.
Importance of FSSAI Declaration
The declaration that a person or legal entity must submit with their licensing application is a required step in obtaining an FSSAI license. The applicant is obliged to declare the following three things in this declaration:
- The food business they intend to run will adhere to all of the FSSAI’s laws and regulations.
- To the best of their knowledge, all of the information submitted with the application is true and correct.
- The concerned food business adheres to all of the standards outlined in Schedule 4 of the Registration and Licensing Regulations included in the Act.
Hygiene Practices to Adhere to in Order to Obtain an FSSAI License
It is critical to follow the criteria for Hygiene and Sanitary Practices as laid out in Schedule 4 of the FSSAI in order to obtain an FSSAI license. There are two distinct requirements that require special consideration:
1. Business location: To guarantee that the food(s) from the business is handled with care and are not contaminated, the FSSAI has imposed a few restrictions on the location of the business.
- The company should preferably be located away from industrial operations and pollution. Any site where aroma, fumes, soot, smoke, chemicals, dust, or biological emissions could potentially contaminate the food should be avoided.
- If the facility cannot be relocated to a more suitable location, the company must take any and all precautions to prevent food contamination.
- The food manufacturing unit’s premises shall not be connected to or have direct access to any residential neighborhood.
- 2. Hygiene practices: Hygiene standards apply not only to persons who come into touch with food but also to any equipment and items used in the operation.
- Materials that do not corrode. Corrosion-free, non-toxic, and non-contaminating materials should be utilized in the manufacture, handling, storage, shipping, packing, and serving.
- The tools and equipment used in the preparation and manufacturing of food products must be kept neat and ordered at all times. They must be repaired and sanitized on a regular basis. It is also required that these tools and equipment not be used for any other purpose.
How Do I Create an FSSAI Declaration?
- As previously stated, while asking for a license or product approval, the FSSAI declaration must be attached. The letter can be printed on plain paper or on the company’s letterhead and attached. The letter must be signed either by authorized staff or by the submitter.
- The company’s promoter.
Also read- fssai registration for amazon sellers
Form of FSSAI Declaration
Disclaimer: The information contained in this website is offered exclusively for educational reasons. When you access or utilize the site or the materials, no attorney-client relationship is formed. The content on this website does not constitute legal or professional advice and should not be relied on for such purposes or used as a substitute for legal advice from a licensed attorney in your state.